I am looking forward to serving as your President this year and as cited in Matthew 18:19, “Where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among you.”
Since we are just beginning the new fiscal year, I thought it would be good to review the purpose of DWF also referred to as Christian Women’s Fellowship (CWF). Our purpose is to provide opportunities for spiritual growth, enrichment, education, and creative ministries to enable women to develop a sense of personal responsibility for the whole mission of the church of Jesus Christ. Through DWF sponsored events women are invited to share the Good News through worship, Bible study, service/action, fellowship/networking, leadership training and stewardship.
The DWF at FCCO supports the following organizations for the 2017-2018 Mission Projects.
- Alabaster Jar (supporting survivors of human trafficking
- Casa de Amparo (treating & preventing child abuse & neglect in San Diego County)
- Family Recovery Center (assisting women recovering from substance abuse, while promoting the reuniting of families.
- Women’s Resource Center (now WRC) San Diego County (women, children & men involved in and/or threatened by domestic violence or sexual assault).
- Disciple Mission Fund of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) our denomination helps 72 ministries of wholeness locally and globally.
DWF meets at 1:00 pm every 1st Wednesday (Business meeting) and 3rd Wednesday (Devotional Study) each month. The fourth Thursday is a DWF workday, usually in the kitchen and sometimes we have lunch and laugh together.
- The next business meeting will be Wed., Sept. 6, 1:00 at FCCO.
- The next Worship/Prayer meeting will be Wed., Sept. 20 at 1:00 pm in the parlor
Lastly, DWF is seeking someone to be the Treasurer. If anyone is interested, please contact the church office at 760-722-8522 to find out more information.